Date: Wed, May 8, 2019
Time: 11:30 Social, 11:45 Election of 2019-2020 Board, 12:00 Lunch, 1:00 Program
Payment must be received no later than Fri. May 3, 2019
Location: Anthony’s Homeport Des Moines: 421 South 227th Street Des Moines, WA 98198
Parking: Complimentary validated guest parking adjacent to the restaurant. Please bring your parking ticket into the restaurant with you and present it to the front desk after the luncheon.
By the sea, by the sea! Actually we will be by the marina in a lovely setting for this May luncheon. The restaurant overlooks the Des Moines Marina with views of Maury Island, the snow-capped Olympic Mountains and South Puget Sound boating activity. Our luncheon promises to have the freshest fish and tastiest choices for your pleasure. May is also our month for the election of the 2019-2020 board, and our annual meeting. You won’t want to miss these important club activities.
Brought back by “popular demand” and rescheduled from our canceled February luncheon, Debbie Dimitre will be with us again, and she will present:
It’s the daring story of Bertha Knight Landes, who in 1926 became not only Seattle’s first woman Mayor, but the first woman mayor of any major metropolitan city in the United States!
Since 1987, northwest storyteller/actress Debbie Dimitre has been entertaining, inspiring, and educating audiences of all ages with her historical and dramatic storytelling presentations. In costume and by the glow of her kerosene lamp, Debbie brings to life women and young girls in American history through story and first person portrayals in a style that is uniquely her own. www.debbiedimitre.com
- Gluten-free Caesar Salad is served with the hot entrees and soup is served with Almond Chicken Salad.
- If selecting the Almond Chicken Salad, choose a soup:
- Clam Chowder (not gluten-free)
- Tomato Basil Soup (not gluten-free)
Entree selections: All meals are served with warm sourdough bread and include a choice of hot coffee, tea, or iced tea. (Cash bar for soda and alcohol)
- Dungeness Crab Toast, open-faced with Dungeness crab, shrimp and artichoke mix, and served with fresh seasonal vegetables
- Kalbi Chicken, char-grilled and glazed with ginger and soy, and served with fresh seasonal vegetables
- Roasted Garlic Prawns, glazed with garlic butter, and served with fresh seasonal vegetables
- Roasted Garlic Prawns, [gluten-free] glazed with garlic butter, and served with fresh seasonal vegetables
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera [gluten-free]
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera [gluten-free and dairy-free]
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Almond Chicken Salad [gluten-free]
- Burnt Cream [gluten free]
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse
- I do not want dessert
Member - Be a Greeter or have a Dietary Need?
If you would like to be a greeter and/or have a dietary issue e.g., vegetarian, gluten-free, food allergy, etc. before you make your menu selections, please submit your name and indicate your responses. Please ignore this section if you don't have a dietary issue, and don't wish to be a greeter.
Please proceed to making your menu selections and Payment – Member or Non-Member
Payment Policy: Payment for the luncheon must be received by the due date specified. No payments will be collected on the day of the luncheon. Once the guaranteed number of attendees has been submitted to the restaurant, NO cancellation will result in a refund UNLESS the venue is willing to charge only for those that actually attend (extremely rare). However, another member may replace a member who cannot attend if agreeable to accepting the chosen menu selections and is expected to reimburse the member who paid.