Date: Wed, March 13, 2019
Time: 11:30 Social, 12:00 Lunch, 1:00 Program
Payment must be received no later than Wed. March 6, 2019
Location: Ivar’s Salmon House: 401 NE Northlake Way (Lake Union) Seattle 98105
Parking: Handicapped parking in front of the restaurant in addition to the big lot across the street
Phone: 206.632.0767 Website: www.Ivars.com
For our March luncheon, we will return to a Newcomer favorite – Ivar’s Salmon House on the north shore of Lake Union. The restaurant is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit barbeque for preparing succulent alder-smoked dishes. And, a fabulous view of the Seattle skyline and the boats cruising on the lake awaits us. As always, we will have a great Pacific Northwest meal and a unique program. See you there!
Program: It’s Newcomers’ 64th Birthday!
We’re really celebrating in style this month for… What’s better than ONE Birthday celebration? ~ Why TWO, of course!
It’s our pleasure to hear all about Birthday Dreams celebrating their 10th Birthday this year. Caren Maldon, Chairman of Birthday Dreams Board of Directors, will share the story of how Chris Spahn and Shannon Avery saw a need to bring joy, hope, and dignity to homeless children with the gift of a birthday party. They realized that a birthday isn’t just another day to a homeless child ~on that day, it’s everything !
Come hear what has gone into creating such a special organization and what it takes to have “gifted” 7303 birthday dreams in the past ten years.
At some of our past Luncheons, members have happily participated “in the theme.” Remember that December we filled two large produce boxes with Socks for Homeless Kids?
With such generosity in mind AND…. in the SPIRIT of BIRTHDAYS, here’s an opportunity for attendees to bring an item(s) to overflow our Party Supply Box with any:
When recalling your Childhood… some of your various Birthday Celebrations are undoubtedly part of your best memories !!!
For further information: http://birthdaydreams.org/ and Birthday Dreams: 5,000 Birthday Parties for Homeless Children
Beverages included: Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks (Cash Bar for Alcohol).
Also included: Cornbread Muffin Basket for the table
- *Ivar’s “World-Famous” Clam Chowder
- Mixed Green Salad with Gluten-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Penne Pasta Pomodoro, served in a Diced Roma Tomato, Fresh Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil and Wine Sauce with Parmesan Cheese (vegetarian)
- Penne Pasta Pomodoro with gluten free pasta, served in a Diced Roma Tomato, Fresh Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil and Wine Sauce with Parmesan Cheese (vegetarian)
- Alder-Grilled Portobello Mushroom (vegetarian) (gluten-free) served with Herb-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach and Balsamic Syrup
- Chicken Parmesan served with Penne Pasta and Alfredo Cream Sauce and Sautéed Green Beans
- Rockfish Tacos served with Cilantro/Cabbage Slaw, Mango Salsa, House-Made Tortilla Chips, Pico de Gallo, and Corn Tortillas
- Seafood Medley (gluten-free) (similar to Cioppino) which includes Prawns, Scallops, Clams, Mussels, Salmon and Halibut in a Tomato, Saffron and Fennel Broth
- Ice Cream
- I do not want dessert
Before you make your menu selections, please submit your name and indicate your responses if you are willing to be a Greeter for this luncheon and/or please provide a comment if you have dietary issues, e.g. vegetarian, Gluten-free, food allergy, etc.
(Please ignore this section if you do NOT require Gluten Free or have dietary issues, and do NOT wish to be a Greeter.)
Please Proceed to making your menu selections and Payment – Member or Non-Member
Payment Policy: Payment for the luncheon must be received by the due date specified. No payments will be collected on the day of the luncheon. Once the guaranteed number of attendees has been submitted to the restaurant, NO cancellation will result in a refund UNLESS the venue is willing to charge only for those that actually attend (extremely rare). However, another member may replace a member who cannot attend if agreeable to accepting the chosen menu selections and is expected to reimburse the member who paid.