Wednesday, October 14
Program: Knute "Mossback" Berger
History of the Seattle Freeze and Theories About It
Guests Are Welcome!
Feel free to invite Friends, Family and Neighbors to this program and our activities.
Newcomers is a fun social club and everyone is invited to check it out!
Please RSVP for the meeting at email@example.com
- 11:30 a.m. Social time in chat rooms
- 11:50 a.m. Kate Griffin, President, opens meeting:
- Introduce guests
- Announcements, updates, remarks
- Introduce speaker - Knute Berger
- 12:00 p.m. Program with Knute Berger
- 12:30 p.m. Questions/answers
- 12:50 p.m. Raffle drawing (Purchase tickets by 10:00 a.m. prior to the start of the meeting.) CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS
- 1:00 p.m. See your email to take a short survey after the meeting.
Knute is the region’s "crank with a conscience…a contrarian" thinker who calls out the folly and hubris of mayors, governors, presidents, and gazillionaires. ~Timothy Egan
Knute Berger is the current editor-at-large of Crosscut, host of the Mossback’s Northwest series on KCTS 9, and a regular commentator on KUOW-FM. He writes about Pacific Northwest heritage, culture, politics and historic preservation in many media outlets. He was previously: editor-in-chief of the Seattle Weekly, editor & publisher of Eastsideweek, managing editor of Washington Magazine, and editor-at-large for Seattle Magazine.
Knute's two books, Pugetopolis: A Mossback Takes on Growth Addicts, Weather Wimps, and the Myth of Seattle Nice and Space Needle, Spirit of Seattle, will be raffled at today's meeting.
Knute's presentation, History of the Seattle Freeze, will be followed by questions and answers.
You can find more of Knute's writings at https://crosscut.com/author/knute-berger or check out Being a mossback means knowing your Pacific Northwest history.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2020 Club Meeting held via Zoom