Wednesday, May 12
Program: PIRATE BOLD GRACE
Members please RSVP and Non-Members request the Zoom link by email to: email@example.com
Guests Are Welcome!
Feel free to invite Friends, Family and Neighbors to this program. Newcomers is a fun social club and everyone is invited to check us out!
- 10:30 a.m. Social time in chat rooms
- 10:50 a.m. Helena Puche, President
- Introduce guests
- Vote for 2021-2022 Board of Directors
- Announcements, updates, remarks
- Introduce program
- 11:00 a.m. An abbreviated Burien Actors Theatre production of Bold Grace
- Anna Richardson, as Grace O’Malley
- Eric Dickman, Artistic Director, BAT
- Taylor Davis, Stage Director for Bold Grace
- Joshua Zimmerman, Composer/Musician for Bold Grace (playing live during show)
- 11:45 a.m. Questions/answers/discussion
- 12:00 p.m. Raffle drawing*
- 12:00 p.m. See your email to take a short survey after the meeting.
BOLD GRACE – The Voyages of Pirate Gráinne Ní Mháille
In this jaw-dropping one-woman performance, actor Anna Richardson brings 16th-century Irish pirate Grace O’Malley to life. The real Grace lived a very full life, including pirating up and down the Irish coast, leading an army of 200 loyal fighting men and her own fleet of ships, two marriages, four children (one born while Grace was at sea), and even a documented face-to-face meeting with Queen Elizabeth I. Beginning with her first voyage with her father at the age of nine, Grace relives key points in her life until her death in 1603. Under the direction of Taylor Davis, Anna Richardson is so spellbinding as Grace you will swear you can feel the salt air on your face.
The presentation will be followed by questions and answers.
Read more about Burien Actors Theatre
More about Grace O’Malley: https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/grace-o-malley-irish-female-pirate
* Raffle Prizes
Handcrafted by Helena Puche – Blue Flower Notebook: 6×8″, polymer, acrylic, gold leaf, and glitter and Red Flower Canvas: 6×6″ in polymer, acrylic, and gold leaf.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org