Date: Wednesday, November 13
Time: 11:30 Social, 12:00 Lunch, 1:00 PM Program
Registration is now closed for this event
Location: Ivar’s Salmon House
Address: 401 NE Northlake Way (Lake Union) Seattle, WA 98105
Phone: (206) 632-0767 Website: Ivar’s Salmon House
Parking: Large lot across the street; handicapped parking in the smaller lot east of the restaurant
For our November monthly meeting, we will return to a Newcomer favorite – Ivar’s Salmon House on the north shore of Lake Union. The restaurant is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked dishes. And, a fabulous view of the Seattle skyline and the boats cruising on the lake awaits us. As always, we will have a great Pacific Northwest meal and a unique program.
Program: Nancy Leson, “Nancy Talks Turkey”
This month, our speaker will be Nancy Leson, an award-winning food writer and radio personality who learned much of what she knows about food during her first career: waiting tables. Seattle readers know her as the “mouth that scored” — for the better part of two decades — as restaurant critic and food columnist for the Seattle Times. When she’s not in her kitchen conjuring recipes and rejoinders, shared weekly as Food for Thought on NPR-affiliate KNKX, you’ll find her teaching cooking classes at PCC, Book Larder and other area culinary schools. Learn more about Nancy at nancyleson.com.
Nancy will share stories from her wide-ranging career as a culinarian and offer tips for making Thanksgiving dinner a memorable one.
Luncheon includes a Cornbread Muffin Basket for the table, coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Individual tabs for alcohol.
- Ivar’s “World-Famous” Clam Chowder
- Mixed Green Salad with Gluten-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ivar’s “World-Famous” Fish ‘n Chips
- Alder-Grilled Wild Salmon Sandwich on a Brioche Bun with Fresh Tomatoes, Seasonal Greens, Red Onion, and Basil Pesto Aioli, served with Sweet Potato Waffle Fries. If you prefer gluten-free, select to replace the bun with a lettuce “cup”
- Alder-Grilled Chicken Saltimbocca, served with Fresh Sage, Thin-Sliced Prosciutto, Smoked Mozzarella, Roasted Pear, and Lemon-Butter Sauce, accompanied by Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetable
- Roast Vegetarian Grain Cutlet with Barley, and Carrots, Alder-Grilled, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach, Roma Tomato Salsa, Balsamic Glaze and Crispy Onion Rings
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- For those requiring Gluten-Free, a Scoop of Sorbet is Available Instead
- I do NOT want dessert.
Please note: If you have a dietary issue e.g. vegetarian, Gluten-free, food allergy, please email your dietary needs to our Meetings and Programs Committee. Email: email@example.com
Members – If you are willing to be a Greeter for this luncheon, please email your willingness to our Meetings and Programs Committee. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Policy: Payment for lunch must be received by the due date specified above. (If paying by check, there may be a short grace period for checks that might still be in the mail.) No payment will be collected on the day of the luncheon.
Cancellation/refund: Once the “guaranteed” number of attendees has been submitted to the venue, NO cancellation will result in a refund UNLESS:
1. The venue is willing to charge only for those who actually attend, however, this is extremely rare.
2. Another member would like to attend and agrees to reimburse the member who has cancelled, also accepting the ordered menu selections.
Disclaimer: The Newcomers Club of Greater Seattle is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any loss or injury to property of persons who participate in our activities.