11:30 p.m. Social, 12:00 p.m. Lunch, 1:00 p.m. Program
Payment must be received no later than Friday, March 6
15700 Southcenter Pkwy, Tukwila, WA 98188
Parking available in front of restaurant
Come join your fellow Newcomer friends for lunch in the fun and lively atmosphere of Bahama Breeze, located at Southcenter Mall. During our social time, we will be challenged by that well known guessing game, “Who is that adorable child?” It will be a fun activity and the more people that participate, the more fun it will be. So please submit a picture of you when you were a toddler. We will put them all on posters and we can walk around and look at the pictures and speculate who that adorable child is. There could be a prize!
Send your toddler picture: If you are paying by check, please send your picture with your payment to Kathy Murphy, 3747 W Commodore Way Seattle, WA 98199. If you are paying online, please send your picture to Nancy Woodberry, 360 Boston Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
Program: Cake Design with Hillary Quinn
To celebrate our Birthday theme, cake-design expert, Hillary Quinn, will be joining us with a live demonstration on creating delectable buttercream flowers – the perfect flourish for your homemade treats. Hillary is a national lifestyle writer whose work has been published in many national magazines and internet sites, including Elle, Bride’s, Cosmopolitan, Parenting, McCall's, Self, Amazon.com, and Allrecipes.com. Prior to her freelance career, she spent ten years working on staff of various women’s magazines in New York City—including serving as Copy and Special Projects Director for Mademoiselle magazine. Hillary's blog
Beverages included: Coffee, tea, or soft drink included. Individual tabs for alcohol.
- Salad - Fresh greens, Roma tomatoes, cucumber ribbons and pumpkin seeds, drizzled with Island vinaigrette
- Pasta - (Vegetarian) Fresh asparagus and mushrooms tossed in a rich Parmesan cream sauce with bow-tie pasta
- Salmon- (Gluten free) With yellow rice, green beans and lemon butter. If desired, please also ask wait staff to change sides to gluten free.
- Coconut Shrimp - Large, crispy shrimp with yellow rice and fresh broccoli
- Ropa Vieja Tostones - Crispy plantain bowl loaded with tender braised beef over yellow rice and signature black beans.
- Cupcakes and ice cream
- I do not want dessert
DIETARY NEEDS: If you have any of the following dietary preferences, please email your dietary needs to our Meetings & Programs Committee: email@example.com
- Gluten free
- Gluten free and vegetarian/vegan
- Other food issue or allergy? Please email your dietary needs to the Meetings and Programs Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
WILLING TO BE A GREETER? Members, if you are willing to be a Greeter please email the Meetings & Programs Committee: email@example.com
Proceed to making your menu selections and Payment – Member or Non-Member
Paying by check? Go to page 3 of this month's newsletter. Print the reservation form and mail a check made out to Newcomers Club of Greater Seattle to the address on the reservation form.
Payment Policy: Payment for lunch must be received by the due date specified above. (If paying by check, there may be a short grace period for checks that might still be in the mail.) No payment will be collected on the day of the luncheon.
Cancellation/refund: Once the “guaranteed” number of attendees has been submitted to the venue, NO cancellation will result in a refund UNLESS:
1. The venue is willing to charge only for those who actually attend, however, this is extremely rare.
2. Another member would like to attend and agrees to reimburse the member who has cancelled, also accepting the ordered menu selections.
Disclaimer: The Newcomers Club of Greater Seattle is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any loss or injury to property of persons who participate in our activities.