- This event has passed.
Out & About
July 25 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Wine Cork Craft
This is a fun opportunity to create a unique project – keep what you make for yourself or to give away. Ginny and Susan will provide guidance on how to make a bird house, inspired by a winery that created “Four Birds” in honor of the winemaker’s wife’s maiden name. Or you can create a different wine cork project instead. Some ideas include: planter, decoration, trivet, coasters, or whatever catches your fancy!
Ginny & Susan will present their bird houses to the winery on Sunday, Aug. 14th. Consider joining in also on that Out & About Adventure! See O&A Wine Discovery for specific details.
- Your lunch
- Wine Corks: (Lots provided.) If you have a stash to use or contribute, bring them. If you want to design an item with only specific/thematic corks (winery; State; varietal; etc.) please sort your corks before arriving.
- Glue Gun & glue sticks refills
- Serrated Knife (your worst one, as it will get duller cutting cork)
- Box Cutter or other “cutting” tool
- Your DIY cork ideas, if not creating a Bird House.
If you don’t own a needed item, it might be possible to borrow it. There are a few extra available. Other Items available:
- Corks: a gazillion WA State winery corks, a few OR, some CA, plain, and a group of “orphans”, international, and other States
- Wooden bases already collected for us in variety of sizes
- If you need a specific base size, send Ginny Daily the details. If available, she will reserve it for you. If not, you’ll have time to procure it yourself.
- Any corks you desire to cut, if you want to get rid of a red wine stain, or if using champagne corks and want them to be of uniform shape: bring to a boil in water & simmer 20 minutes.
- Boiled corks can be glued or cut after 10 minutes or more of cooling.
- If you desire other supplies after checking out cork craft ideas on-line, feel free to bring them: birds, leaves, flowers, items for the porch/roof, etc.
Open to all members.
Location: Susan Handley’s home 10211 NE 60th St. Kirkland WA 98033 [513-236-4686]
RSVP by July 23 to Ginny Daily firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifics of what other craft supplies are needed for a wine cork creation will be provided to those who RSVP. Questions? Ginny: 425-821-2005 h
Bonus: “First Monday Happy Hour” is just down the street and begins at 2pm. Consider attending that also. See Happy Hour details/RSVP.