- This event has passed.
All-Club Meeting Featuring Nancy Pearl
March 9 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Acclaimed Seattle Librarian Nancy Pearl will be the guest speaker at our quarterly meeting, and we're lucky to have her! Nancy is nationally known and respected for her service to readers and the literary community, so much so that she received a major "Literarian" award last year from the National Books Foundation. (Past honorees include Maya Angelou and Terry Gross!)
Among her many accomplishments, Nancy has:
- Created the Seattle Reads annual mega-event in the 1990s (it had a different name then.)
- Written eight books, including three in a "Book Lust" series, a novel called "George and Lizzie," and her most recent book, co-authored with Jeff Schwager: "The Writer's Library: The Authors You Love on the Books That Changed Their Lives."
- Provided book commentary for National Public Radio for many years. She still hosts programs on the Seattle Channel.
- Inspired Archie McPhee's Librarian Action Figure!
- 10:30 am: Gather at Leif Erikson Hall, 2245 NW 57th St. in Ballard (there's a parking lot and street parking). Mingle wearing masks and observing social distancing.
- 10:45 am: Brief business portion of meeting, including a raffle (buy raffle tickets below!)
- 10:50 am: Nancy Pearl will speak on the topic "Spring Into a New Book," with a Q&A afterward.
- 11:40 am: Enjoy kaffeepause with a boxed brunch and coffee or tea. Tables will be spaced for social distancing. Members and guests who do not wish to be indoors without masks may take their box brunches home.
- 12:30 pm: Program concludes.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Registration was $25 and included a brunch box.
- Frittata Box: a vegetable and cheese frittata, fresh fruit cup, and a mini house-made croissant.
- Protein Box: two hard-boiled eggs, assorted Beecher's cheese, saucisson sec, Marcona almonds, fresh fruit cut and a gluten-free granola bar. Gluten Free
- Continental Box: a fresh baked seasonal fruit hand pie, Devonshire cream, yogurt, house-made granola bar and fresh fruit cup. Vegetarian
- Breakfast Burrito Box: a steak and egg breakfast burrito, salsa verde, pico de gallo, fresh fruit cup.
Raffle tickets can be purchased at the event.
(Raffle tickets may also be purchased with cash at the event. Raffles are designed to raise extra funds for our nonprofit club.)
- The deadline for registering for this event was 8 pm Thursday, March 3. Refunds will not be issued after that date.
- Don't forget to bring your proof of vaccination to show at the door.
How to get to Leif Erickson Hall
Disclaimer: Newcomers Club of Greater Seattle is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any loss or injury to property or persons who participate in our activities.