Wednesday, December 9
Program: SHARON LACEY
Turn Your Challenges Into Opportunities
Guests Are Welcome!
Feel free to invite Friends, Family and Neighbors to this program. Newcomers is a fun social club and everyone is invited to check us out!
Please email RSVP for the meeting to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The meeting was held via Zoom
- 11:30 a.m. Social time in chat rooms
- 11:50 a.m. Kate Griffin, President, opens meeting:
- Introduce guests
- Announcements, updates, remarks
- Introduce speaker - Sharon Lacey, Inspirational Humorist
- 12:05 p.m. Program with Sharon Lacey
- 12:35 p.m. Questions/answers/discussion
- 12:55 p.m. Helena Puche, incoming President, remarks, introduce Marilyn Handley, incoming Vice President, announce Holiday Music compiled by Eileen Kelly-Meyer.
- 1:10 p.m. 4 Raffle drawings* (Purchase tickets by 10:00 a.m. prior to the start of the meeting.) Ticket sales are now closed.
- 1:30 p.m. See your email to take a short survey after the meeting.
"Life should be an adventure!"- Sharon Lacey
In addition to being a sought-after keynote speaker, Sharon is also an internationally touring headlining comedian. She performs in comedy clubs all across the US and Canada, and has been to Iraq twice to entertain US troops. She’s also been on four comedy tours of Africa, where she performs for Ugandan audiences in two of their tribal languages.
Sharon is the author of A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO DEMENTIA: A Stand Up Comedian’s Race Against Time.
All of this comes after Sharon’s earlier careers as a radio DJ, television news producer, and a national award winning middle school teacher.
Sharon's 30 minute presentation, Turn Your Challenges Into Opportunities, will be followed by questions and answers.
Read more about Sharon: SharonLaceycomedy.com
Compiled by Eileen Kelly-Meyer, we'll watch and hear a collection of holiday music to lift our spirits and thoughts for the season.
- A holiday bag with Sharon Lacey's book, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Dementia, and two handmade bracelets (the sale of the bracelets supports a women's organization in Uganda)
- Three surprise holiday gift bags of donations made by our own Knitting Circle and Art & Crafts groups
*The club's tradition for the December holiday meeting is to remember others less fortunate than ourselves. Have in mind your favorite charity so that if your name is drawn, a donation can be sent to that organization in your honor.
Questions? Email: email@example.com