Wednesday, November 11
Join us as we learn more about Animals from
Defenders of Wildlife
A surprise frisky mammal Ambassador from the Call of the Wild at the Woodland Park Zoo
Guests Are Welcome!
Feel free to invite Friends, Family and Neighbors to this program and our activities.
Newcomers is a fun social club and everyone is invited to check it out!
Please RSVP for the meeting at email@example.com
- 11:45 a.m. Social time in chat rooms
- 12:00 p.m.. Kate Griffin, President, opens meeting:
- Introduce guests
- Announcements, updates, remarks
- Introduce speaker - Dr. Kathleen Gobush, Defenders of Wildlife, NW Division
- 12:15 p.m. Program with Dr. Gobush
- 1:00 p.m. Program with Surprise Ambassador from Woodland Park Zoo Call of the Wild
- 1:30 p.m. Raffle drawing (Purchase tickets by 10:00 a.m. prior to the start of the meeting.) CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS
- 1:30 p.m. See your email to take a short survey after the meeting.
Zoom in to learn about a ‘wild’ animal from Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo, and about Defenders of Wildlife, a national and regional non-profit organization that has been working since 1947, advocating for wildlife and their future.
Defenders of the Wild NW Division - Dr. Kathleen Gobush
Dr. Gobush will discuss endangered wildlife in the Pacific Northwest, specifically the species her program focuses on: gray wolves, grizzly bears, southern resident orcas and sea otters.
Kathleen S. Gobush, Ph.D., is Director of the Northwest Program for Field Conservation in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. She has worked on endangered species recovery and habitat restoration for more than 20 years. As a research biologist, she specializes in large mammal conservation of both terrestrial and marine species with deep expertise on species such as the African elephant and the Hawaiian monk seal. A member of the IUCN Species Survival Commission, she is an Affiliate Assistant Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Washington.
For more information see: https://defenders.org
Woodland Park Zoo - Call of the Wild
Woodland Park Zoo animal ambassadors Chirp, Tweet, Snort, Snog, Baaa, Hiss, Bray, Squawk, Bark and make all other sorts of voices. The friskiest mammal on the date of our meeting will join us along with a Zoo Animal handler.
For more information see: https://www.zoo.org/callofthewild/mammals
At the end of the meeting a raffle ticket will be drawn. The winner will receive a darling Sloth Christmas Ornament and a Save The Snow Leopard Mug.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2020 Club Meeting held via Zoom